1. Know your nutritional status and get health conditions under control
2. Maintain a healthy weight (Men & Women)
3. Take extra folic acid
4. Ensure adequate iodine levels
5. Avoid alcohol
6. Maintain a healthy weight
7. Continue taking folic acid and iodine
8. Get plenty of omega-3 fatty acids
9. Boost your iron and zinc intake
10. Get sufficient Vitamin B12
11. Keep up your Vitamin D and Calcium levels
12. Increase carbohydrate and protein, moderate fat
13. Don’t avoid allergenic foods
14. Include pre-biotics, pro-biotics and antioxidants eg “Ethical Nutrients Pregnancy and Breastfeeding – Probiotics”
15. Breastfeed if you can
16. Eat well while breast feeding
17. Introduce solids around 6 months
18. Prioritise iron-rich solids around avoid cows’ milk
19. Branch out into a wider range of foods
20. Vary their diet and promote positive behaviours
Come in and talk to our friendly staff for advice today!
Here are some hints that might be helpful:
1. Keep a notebook on hand to write down:
– Phone numbers
– Your address
– Other important things to remember
2. Look after your health:
– Exercise regularly
– Eat a balanced diet
– Limit your alcohol
– See your dentist regularly
– Keep socially engaged
3. Manage your medications:
– Keep list of what medications you are taking in your wallet
– Use a pill box
– Your pharmacist can pack your medications for you in an easy weekly pack (Webster Pak)
Come in-store for your FREE medications list today!
For more info: http://www.dementia.org.au/
1. Make the most of your peak performance times
2. Prioritise your tasks
3. Use a diary or calendar
4. Get organised
5. Start with smaller tasks
6. Be realistic about what you can do
7. Break larger tasks or projects into smaller chunks
8. Reward yourself
9. Ask for help
10. Set yourself some limits
For more info check out this website:
Check out the current hayfever guidelines:
– Nasal steroid sprays most effective
– Anti-histamines for occasional symptoms
– Avoid decongestant sprays
Check out these helpful hints:
- Brush at least twice a day. The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on your gums.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk of decay.
- Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
- Floss your teeth daily. Use a slow and gentle sawing motion.
- Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. Food acids soften tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). In severe cases, teeth may be ‘eaten’ right down to the gum.
- Limit sugary foods. Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
- Protect your teeth from injury. Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing sports.
- Try to save a knocked out tooth. If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek immediate dental advice. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk and seek dental advice immediately.
- Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. If you use them to crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking your teeth.
- See your dentist for regular check-ups. You should also visit your dentist if you have a dental problem such as a toothache or bleeding gums.
For more info: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/tentips/10-tips-to-look-after-your-teeth
Bush Tele – Mt Colah Suburb in Focus
Mt Colah Local Businesses supporting the local community
The Bush Telegraph is a local publication that is always great at supporting local small businesses.
In March 2019 it ran a Mount Colah -Suburb in Focus:
Mt Colah Pharmacy is a proud local business to support this local publication and also the community.
Come in-store and ask our about these services today!
- Free Blood Pressure checks
- Medication Packing
- Diabetes Australia Agent
- Medication Management Reviews
- Return of Unwanted Medicines
Do you have gout?
Try these helpful hints:
– Limit alcohol intake
– Maintain a healthy body weight
– Exercise regularly & drink plenty of water
– Limit purine-rich foods: eg shellfish, meat-extracts, yeast & anchovies
– Eat more: eg tofu & fish such as salmon
– Ask your pharmacist for medications suitable for you
Check out this website:
Come into MT COLAH PHARMACY AND POST OFFICE for helpful service and advice.
Shop Local Movement –
Mt Colah Shops
Thank you to the Monthly Chronicle for always supporting the local communities.
This article in the Village Voice is about shopping local – “Shop Local Movement.”
When we shop local, we support the local businesses to keep that vibrant community hub that connects us all!
Photo of: Mt Colah Pharmacy and Post Office
Click on this link for the full article: http://monthlychronicle.com.au/2018/05/30/shop-local-movement/
Celebrating 10 years!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you to everyone who attended our “Mt Colah Pharmacy Celebrates 10 Years Morning Tea!”
It was a great morning with lots of smiling faces!
A special thank you to the amazing pharmacy staff for 10 amazing years together!
Here’s to another 10 + more Years!